For all our Sydney Members and Followers have you registered? BCA is fascilitating a series of workshops on accessing the support you need in the new world of disability care.
The next one will commence this Saturday at the Parramatta RSL Club, Corner of O’Connell St and Macquarie St, Parramatta. Saturday, 10th February 2018. 10:00am – 1:30pm.
BCA Received great feedback on the first workshop held in New Castle. So come along and find out for yourselves.
to attend, please contact our Project Officer Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 7th February 2018 to register.
Each workshop will include:
- A session on My Aged Care that will cover how to prepare for each type of assessment and what you can expect both during and after each assessment. There will also be information on Co-Payments and how they work, Accessing Assistive Technology, the review process and advocacy supports available to you.
- At the same time, we will be running a session on the NDIS, this will cover some information on preparing for a planning meeting, whether it’s your first one or a review; different ways you can use your budgets to meet your goals; accessing assistive technology and the review process.
- We will also spend time as a group looking at self-advocacy and negotiation.
- The day will conclude with a question and answer forum.
After Sydney, , workshops will be held at :
- Mudgee Library – Tuesday, 13th February 2018
- Tweed Heads (Venue TBC) – Saturday, 24th February 2018
- Canberra Griffin Centre – Saturday, 3rd March 2018
- Wagga Wagga RSL Club – Saturday, 10th March 2018
- Coffs Harbour Neighbourhood Centre – Saturday, 17th March 2018
For more information or to register please call Sally on 03 9654 1400 or email email@example.com